ESL Vocabulary Test 4
Vocabulary Quiz 3
Vocabulary Quiz 5
Look up words in the
Choose the appropriate word or word phrase to complete the sentences.
1. Many people are living in temporary shelters after days of intense rain that caused ---- damage in the provinces of Indonesia.
2. The vast majority of Egypt's inhabitants live in the Nile valley and delta, and the rest of the country is ---- populated.
3. The most common method of thieves nowadays is to steal the entire safe and move it to a location where they have the time and tools to ---- the safe and remove its contents.
4. The storm causing flooding and landslides in Miami prompted the government to ----hundreds from coastal towns.
5. Little is known about the ---- of bats, since their small, delicate skeletons do not fossilize well.
6. The HIV virus is ---- complex and there are many unknowns about how it operates and how people's bodies react to it.
7. The jury reached a verdict of not guilty as there wasn't ---- evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt he intended to kill his boss.
8. The manager scolded the new employee so fiercely that she ---- in tears, leaving the room in a hurry.
9. The young graduate has made a wonderful speech and said he is extremely grateful to his parents and loved ones who have always supported and ---- him in his studies.
10. William Harvey’s significant discoveries impacted science immensely and without his ----, the field of science would not be how we know it today.
You are here: >>
English Vocabulary Exercises
ESL Vocabulary Test
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99