Vocabulary Test For ESL 7
Vocabulary Quiz 6
Vocabulary Quiz 8
Look up words in the
Choose the appropriate word or word phrase to complete the sentences
1. In order to ---- information, one must know of, and be able to use, the information sources.
2. In this part of the country, a third of the population is ---- in the coal mining industry.
3. Thunderstorm and lightning posed a significant threat to the safety of the performers on stage so they had to ---- the show.
4. If a child knows that he can never ---- a bad behavior, then he is less likely to do it.
get away with
5. Asbestos was ---- used in construction before 1980, so any building material more than 20 years old should be handled very carefully.
6. The doctor couldn't tell the patient with any ---- what the outcome of the operation will be.
7. Orangutans are ---- vegetarian, and their diet consists mostly of fruit and leaves from the trees, although their carnivorous tendencies may extend to the occasional insect.
8. The time from when a(n) ---- person is exposed to flu virus to when symptoms begin is about one to four days.
9. As in any business, one's --- to succeed depends on a lot of hard work, being in the right place at the right time, and a little luck.
10. Political geography can be ---- changed overnight as a result of war, revolution, or other political upheavals.
11. Every region's linguistic and cultural identity is quite ---- from that of the rest of the country.
12. For any healthy business, there comes a point when the owners must decide to take the ---- of a new growth strategy.
13. Aging research has ---- dramatically in the last several years, with much now known of the biochemical and genetic components of aging.
14. The spokesman of the Labour Party claimed that many problems can be ---- traced to unfavorable job conditions.
15. It is a sad fact that nowadays the pressure to be thin is so ---- that even supermodels think they need to get rid of a few pounds.
You are here: >>
English Vocabulary Exercises
Vocabulary Test For ESL
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99