Present Simple vs Present Continuous
Put the verbs in the correct forms, present continuous or present simple.
1. Let's go out. It is not raining
2. Julia is very good at languages. She speaks
(speak) four languages very well.
3. Hurry up! Everybody is waiting
(wait) for you.
4. Are you listening
(you/listen) to the radio?
No, you can turn it off.
5. Do you listen
(you/listen) to the radio every day?
No, just occasionally.
6. The River Nile flows
(flow) into the Mediterranean.
7. Look at the river. It is flowing
(flow) very fast today - much faster than usual.
8. We usually grow
(grow) vegetables in our garden but this year we are not growing
9. How is your English?
Not bad. It is improving
10. Ron is in London at the moment. He is staying
(stay) at the Park Hotel. He always stays
(always/stay) there when he's in London.
11. Can we stop walking soon? I am starting
(start) to feel tired.
12. Can you drive?
I am learning
(learn). My father is teaching
13. Normally I finish
(finish) work at 5.00, but this week I am working
(work) until 6.00 to earn a bit more money.
14. My parents Live
(live) in Bristol. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else. Where do your parents live
15. Sonia is looking
(look) for a place to live. She is staying
(stay) with her sister until she finds somewhere.
Check out our eBook Deals
Hundreds more printable worksheets and teaching materials
1. GrammarBank Exercises eBook ✔
2. GrammarBank Exercises eBook Vol 2 ✔
3. Verb Tenses eBook ✔
4. Simple Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
5. Perfect Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
6. Supplementary Tests eBook ✔
7. Conjunctions eBook ✔
8. Gerunds and Infinitives PDF (60 Pages) ✔
9. Modals and Similar Expressions PDF (44 Pages) ✔
10. Noun Clauses PDF (46 Pages) ✔
11. If Clauses PDF (19 Pages) ✔
12. Determiners PDF (28 Pages) ✔
13. My Best Friend 1 ✔
14. My Best Friend 2 ✔
15. My Best Friend 3 ✔
16-20. The Adventures of Foxy (5 Story Books) ✔