Quantifiers Exercises : 2 - Answers
Fill in the blanks with appropriate quantifiers: little / a little / few / a few.
1. We must be quick. We have little
2. Listen carefully. I'm going to give you a little
3. Do you mind if I ask you a few
4. This town is not a very interesting place to visit, very few
tourists come here.
5. I don't think Jill would be a good teacher. She's got little
6. 'Would you like milk in your coffee?' 'Yes, please a little
7. This is a very boring place to live. There's little
8. 'Do you ever go to Atlantic City?' 'Yes, I go there a few
times every year.'
B. Complete the following exercise with appropriate quantifiers: a/an, some or any.
1. Are there any
computers in the library?
2. Are there any
ripe cherries on the tree?
3. Excuses me, is this an
English apple or a
Actually, it’s South African. We haven’t got any
French or English apples today.
4. Is there a
lake in the middle of London?
5. Oh! These chips are horrible. There isn’t any
salt on them.
Well, there’s some
in the pot over there.
6. There are some
people at the bus stop.
7. There is a
bridge over the river.
8. There is some
milk in the bottle.
9. There is a
big airport in Holland.
10. There isn’t any
furniture at home.