No / Every Compound Forms
Nobody (No one) - Nothing - Nowhere
Nobody (no one) - nothing and nowhere are negative words. We can’t use any other negative word such as not / never in the same sentence.
There is nobody in the office.
There is nothing in the box.
We went nowhere yesterday.Also See:Some and Any Compounds
Everybody (Everyone) - Everything - Everywhere
Everybody (everyone) - everything and everywhere are singular words that we use both in affirmative, negative and interrogative sentences.
Everybody in the class was reading books.
We bought everything we needed for the dinner.
Mrs. Dennis looked everywhere, but she couldn't find her purse.
I studied very well. I know everything about this lesson.
Quick ExerciseFill in the blanks with appropriate no / every compounds.
(capitalize where necessary)
Check out our PDF eBooks
Hundreds of more printable worksheets and teaching materials
1. GrammarBank Exercises eBook ✔
2. GrammarBank Exercises eBook Vol 2 ✔
3. Verb Tenses eBook ✔
4. Simple Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
5. Perfect Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
6. Supplementary Tests eBook ✔
7. Conjunctions eBook ✔
8. Gerunds and Infinitives PDF (60 Pages) ✔
9. Modals and Similar Expressions PDF (44 Pages) ✔
10. Noun Clauses PDF (46 Pages) ✔
11. If Clauses PDF (19 Pages) ✔
12. Determiners PDF (28 Pages) ✔
13. My Best Friend 1 ✔
14. My Best Friend 2 ✔
15. My Best Friend 3 ✔
16-20. The Adventures of Foxy (5 Story Books) ✔