Forms of "Other"
|Singular||The other book||The other|
|Plural||The other books||The others|
It means "a different one" when used on adjective, it’s followed by a singular noun but with the expressions such as “time, distance, money” it can also be used with plural nouns.
- Can I have another knife, this one is blunt.
- This knife is blunt, can I have another?
- I need another two minutes to finish the test.
- I need another 10 dollars.
Other (adjective) / Others (pronoun)
It means “different ones”
- There were other people in my room.
- Some people believe that the former president will win the election, whereas others disagree.
- In some myths, the flood comes as a punishment from the gods as a punishment for men’s bad behavior, in others there is no explanation given.
The other / The others (the rest)
- There are 3 books on my desk, two of these are mine, the other is yours.
- Some of the teachers in our school have gone to the school trip, the others stayed at the school.
- This documentary is so boring. Can I turn over to another channel?
Every other + singular noun
- You should take these pills every other day.
(take it one day, do not take it the next day, take it again the following day)
- Write every other line when I dictate. (skip one line every time)
Buy our eBooks
20 eBooks For Only: 85
7 Grammar eBooks + 5 gift eBooks + 8 Children's eBooks
1. GrammarBank Exercises eBook ✔
2. GrammarBank Exercises eBook Vol 2 ✔
3. Verb Tenses eBook ✔
4. Simple Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
5. Perfect Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
6. Supplementary Tests eBook ✔
7. Conjunctions eBook ✔
8. Gerunds and Infinitives PDF (60 Pages) ✔
9. Modals and Similar Expressions PDF (44 Pages) ✔
10. Noun Clauses PDF (46 Pages) ✔
11. If Clauses PDF (19 Pages) ✔
12. Determiners PDF (28 Pages) ✔
13. My Best Friend 1 ✔
14. My Best Friend 2 ✔
15. My Best Friend 3 ✔
16-20. The Adventures of Foxy (5 Story Books) ✔
(please allow a few seconds to load)