Weren't you busy? Wasn't she your teacher last year?
To Be - Affirmative
I was You were We were They were
He was She was It was
See the Video Exercise (New!)
a. I was very tired after the exam.
b. My kids were in the garden.
c. Sandra was late for school.
To Be - Negative
I wasn't You weren't We weren't They weren't
He wasn't She wasn't It wasn't
1. We weren't so happy in those days.
2. It wasn't a sunny day.
3. Daniel wasn't on a vacation.
4. My sister wasn't at the theater.
5. The boss wasn't so satisfied with the work.
6. Marry and Lucas weren't married.
7. There weren't any comics on the table.
8. They weren't so fit.
To Be - Questions
Was I Were you Were we Were they
Was he Was she Was it
1. Were you surprised?
2. Was Brian from Brazil?
3. Was that your school?
4. Was the project ready?
5. Was the carpet torn?
6. Were Macy and Tony married?
7. Were they students?
8. Was he your husband