To Be in Past Tense
The Forms of "Was - Were"
|Affirmative Form||I was sick.|
|Negative Form||I was not at home|
I wasn't at home.
|Question Form||Were you in Canada?|
Was David absent yesterday?
|Negative Question Form||Weren't you busy?|
Wasn't she your teacher last year?
|To Be - Affirmative|
a. I was
very tired after the exam.
b. My kids were
in the garden.
c. Sandra was
late for school.
|To Be - Negative|
1. We weren't so happy in those days.
2. It wasn't a sunny day.
3. Daniel wasn't on a vacation.
4. My sister wasn't at the theater.
5. The boss wasn't so satisfied with the work.
6. Marry and Lucas weren't married.
7. There weren't any comics on the table.
8. They weren't so fit.
|To Be - Questions|
1. Were you surprised?
2. Was Brian from Brazil?
3. Was that your school?
4. Was the project ready?
5. Was the carpet torn?
6. Were Macy and Tony married?
7. Were they students?
8. Was he your husband
To Be Tense Chart
To Be Simple Present (am is are)
Was or Were Exercises 1
Was or Were Exercises 2
Buy our eBooks
20 eBooks For Only: 85
7 Grammar eBooks + 5 gift eBooks + 8 Children's eBooks
1. GrammarBank Exercises eBook ✔
2. GrammarBank Exercises eBook Vol 2 ✔
3. Verb Tenses eBook ✔
4. Simple Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
5. Perfect Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
6. Supplementary Tests eBook ✔
7. Conjunctions eBook ✔
8. Gerunds and Infinitives PDF (60 Pages) ✔
9. Modals and Similar Expressions PDF (44 Pages) ✔
10. Noun Clauses PDF (46 Pages) ✔
11. If Clauses PDF (19 Pages) ✔
12. Determiners PDF (28 Pages) ✔
13. My Best Friend 1 ✔
14. My Best Friend 2 ✔
15. My Best Friend 3 ✔
16-20. The Adventures of Foxy (5 Story Books) ✔
(please allow a few seconds to load)