Simple Past vs Present Perfect 2
Simple Past or Present Perfect Tenses Worksheet For ESL EFL Students and Teachers
Simple Past Tense
Present Perfect Tense
Verb Tenses Chart
Simple Past / Present Perfect 1
Fill in the blanks with
Present Perfect Tenses
1. I ---- (know) Carl since I ---- (be) a little child.
2. ---- you ---- (see) Amy today?
3. I ---- (see) her in the morning but I ---- (not see) her since.
4. Everything was ready, so we quickly ---- (check) all the locks and ---- (drive off).
5. My uncle George ---- (never see) the sea in his life. I ---- (hear) him making plans to go sailing last week, though.
Verb Tenses Practice
Simple Past or Present Perfect Tenses
6. They ---- (call) us when they ---- (arrive) in Monaco last Saturday, but we ---- (not hear) from them ever since.
7. Jackie ---- (be) late several times in the past month that's why the boss ---- (warn) him a few minutes ago.
8. The students ---- (do) a lot of homework so far. I think it's time they ---- (take) a break.
9. Engineers ---- (work) to save the Tower of Pisa, but they ---- (not be able to) do anything significant yet.
10. Josh ---- (receive) several traffic citations over the past year.
11. Jack and Rita ---- (be) married for six years. They ---- (get) divorced six months ago.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee