Make vs Do Difference 4
Make vs Do Exercise 3
4. Fill in the blanks using the correct form of make or do.
1. I enjoy ---- the crossword in The Guardian.
2. It's not a good idea to ---- an enemy of Clare.
3. We had better start ---- preparations for the christening.
4. Pete ---- a great deal of damage already.
5. It's your turn to ---- the washing up tonight.
6. The boy promised to ---- his best in the test.
7. She ---- her exercises every morning before work.
8. Pat doesn't appreciate ---- a fool of.
9. I ---- friends with some people from Germany while I was traveling to Budapest.
10. They find it difficult ---- ends meet.
11. Mum has promised to ---- a cake for the party.
English Grammar Exercises
Make vs Do Exercises
Make vs Do 4
12. A man phoned earlier to ---- an appointment.
13. He asked me what I ---- for a living.
14. Our neighbours are always ---- noise.
15. Can't you at least ---- an effort?
16. It appears that she ---- a fortune when she was living in Japan.
17. Tom enjoys ---- furniture.
18. You should use dry wood to ---- a fire.
19. The tie he 's wearing really ---- a difference. He looks more professional now.
20. Did you hear that Brian ---- the soccer team? He's going to be the goalie.
21. Don ---- it to Dallas in four hours.
22. He ---- good time in his new car.
23. He got to the airport in time to ---- his flight.
24. Alice ---- 100 on the math test.
25. Lou ---- captain last month.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee