Like vs As
ESL Like vs As Grammar Exercise
The answers to the following exercise will appear in the box at the bottom of the page when you click on "Submit Worksheet".
Like vs As Worksheet 2
As If / As Though
Fill in the blanks with
1. ---- a young man, he was very energetic and quick.
2. A sick man ---- him shouldn't work so hard.
3. The dictionary defines democracy ---- "government by the people".
4. Don't ask questions. Please do ---- you are told.
5. She looks just ---- her mother.
English Grammar Exercises
Like vs As Grammar
6. The rumor spread ---- wildfire throughout the school.
7. He has been described ---- a very honest and loyal official.
8. The men were asked to select the bravest among them ---- their leaders.
9. Flowers ---- orchids and gardenias grow only in warm climates.
10. She refers to herself ---- the queen of the kitchen.
11. An opportunity ---- this doesn't present itself every day.
12. He is regarded ---- a saint by many of his followers.
13. Sometimes his secretary dresses a movie star.
14. The Vice President must function ---- the head of the government if anything happens to the President.
15. Mr Samson works ---- a slave.
16. Paula would like to find a job ---- a newspaper journalist.
17. Mr Hart works ---- a professor at Oxford University.
18. Mary and her sister fight ---- cat and dog.
19. She has been working ---- a vet for a year.
20. "What are you cooking? It smells ---- fish."
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee