Comparative Adjectives Adverbs - Key
A) Complete the following exercise with comparatives adjectives / adverbs. Use than where necessary.
1. I was feeling tired last night, so I went to bed earlier than
2. I'd like to have a more reliable
car. The one I've got keeps breaking down.
3. Unfortunately her illness was more serious than
we thought at first.
4. You look thinner
. Have you lost weight?
5. I want a bigger
flat. We don't have enough space here.
6. He doesn't study very hard. He's more interested
in having a good time.
7. Health and happiness are more important
8. The instructions were very complicated. They could have been simpler/more simple
9. There were a lot of people on the bus. It was more crowded than
10. I like living in the countryside. It's more peaceful than
living in a town.
11. You'll find your way around the town more easily
if you have a good map.
12. In some parts of the country, prices are higher than
B) Complete the following exercise using comparative adjectives / adverbs.
1. It's too noisy here. Can we go somewhere quieter
2. This engine is very weak. I like it a bit stronger
3. The hotel was surprisingly big. I expected it to be smaller
4. The hotel was surprisingly cheap. I expected it to be more expensive
5. The weather is too cold in this country. I'd like to live somewhere warmer
6. My job is a bit boring sometimes. I'd like to do something more interesting
7. I was surprised how easy it was to learn English. I thought it would be more difficult
8. Your work isn't very good. I'm sure you can do better
9. Don't worry. The situation isn't so bad. It could be worse
10. I was surprised we got here so quickly. I expected the journey to take longer
11. You're talking very loudly. Can you speak a bit more quietly
12. You hardly ever phone me. Why don't you phone me more often
13. You're standing too near the camera. Can you move a bit farther/further
What’s New on GrammarBank:
Apr 18, 18 03:17 AM
Printable Simple Present vs Present Continuous Exercise 5 with answers-- Online verb tenses worksheets for English learners
Apr 11, 18 04:05 AM
Printable Simple Past vs Past Continuous Exercise 3 with answers-- Online verb tenses worksheets for English learners
Apr 09, 18 03:16 AM
Printable Simple Past vs Past Continuous Exercise 2 with answers-- Choose past progressive or past simple
Mar 30, 18 01:47 AM
Printable Simple Past vs Past Continuous Exercise with answers-- Online verb tenses worksheets for English learners
Mar 29, 18 09:59 PM
Printable and online If conditional type 1 (first conditional) grammar exercise 2 with answers-- Check your answers at the bottom of the worksheet.
Mar 28, 18 08:36 PM
Printable & Online ALL verb tenses practice exercises with answers for English teachers and students
Mar 27, 18 11:36 PM
Past Continuous (Progressive) Tense-- Grammar rules explanations, positive/negative statements charts, yes / no questions, short answers table with examples
Mar 27, 18 11:28 PM
Past continuous (progressive) tense worksheet with answers, use the words to make past progressive sentences.
Mar 27, 18 11:21 PM
Printable and online Past Progressive Exercise 2 with answers- Complete the sentences in past continuous tense
Mar 13, 18 09:03 PM
So that vs In order to exercise with answers - Complete the sentences with the correct conjunction.