Past Perfect Passive
Forming Past Perfect Passive
|Affirmative Form||Object + had + been + verb3 (past participle)|
|Question Form||Had + object + been + verb3 (past participle) ?|
Something had been done by someone before sometime in the past.
Active : The brave men had defended the city.
Passive: The city had been defended by the brave men.
Active : The little girl had broken the window.
Passive: The window had been broken by the little girl.
Active : Had Dorothy solved the problems?
Passive: Had the problems been solved by Dorothy.
Active : Those prisoners had robbed five banks.
Passive: Five banks had been robbed by those prisoners.
Quick ExercisePut the following sentences into passive voice. (past perfect passive)
Check out our eBook Deals
Hundreds more printable worksheets and teaching materials
1. GrammarBank Exercises eBook ✔
2. GrammarBank Exercises eBook Vol 2 ✔
3. Verb Tenses eBook ✔
4. Simple Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
5. Perfect Tenses Exercises eBook ✔
6. Supplementary Tests eBook ✔
7. Conjunctions eBook ✔
8. Gerunds and Infinitives PDF (60 Pages) ✔
9. Modals and Similar Expressions PDF (44 Pages) ✔
10. Noun Clauses PDF (46 Pages) ✔
11. If Clauses PDF (19 Pages) ✔
12. Determiners PDF (28 Pages) ✔
13. My Best Friend 1 ✔
14. My Best Friend 2 ✔
15. My Best Friend 3 ✔
16-20. The Adventures of Foxy (5 Story Books) ✔