Conjunctions Exercises For ESL EFL Teachers and Learners
Neither Nor Either Too So But
Despite vs In Spite Of / Though
Conjunctions Teaching Practice
Multiple Choice Exercises
Fill in the blanks with the given conjunctions below. (Capitalize where needed)
1. Stephen Crane's schooling was not continuous; ---- he read all of the 19th-century English writers and the Greek and Latin classics.
2. Medical scientists have not yet discovered what causes muscular dystrophy, an inherited disorder that strikes nerve tissue and cripples its victim. ---- do they know what causes sudden death syndrome.
3. ---- more and more is learned about the biochemical changes that go on in the body ---- it grows older, scientists may someday be able to modify those changes to ensure better health for the aged.
4. ---- the emphasis on the technical study of language and literature, Roman education was remote from the real world and the interests of the schoolboys.
5. ---- the Greeks, who considered physical health a part of education, the church considered the human body something to be ignored.
English Grammar Exercises
6. Abundance of prey can vary locally within a region. ----, whales must be prepared to move constantly in search of the highest food densities.
7. ---- some teachers guide the natural development of the child's innate powers, others build knowledge into the child's mind through a systematic method of instruction.
8. A greenhouse is used ---- for displaying plants and, where winters are cold, for growing plants that would not ---- survive the seasonal change.
9. ---- its creation in 1903, the High Court of Australia has been responsible for interpreting the constitution.
10. ---- T.S. Eliot published few poems, they have had a tremendous influence on modern poetic technique.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee