Active vs Passive Voice Exercises 2
Passive Voice Exercises 1
Passive Voice Exercises 5
Fill in the blanks with the verbs in brackets. You must use the correct form -
Abner Doubleday and Baseball in America
1. Nothing seems to be more American than baseball. Its tradition is clean and clear. People think that Abner Doubleday ---- (invent) baseball in 1839 at Cooperstown, New York.
2. They are mistaken, however, because baseball ---- (not / invent) by Abner Doubleday.
3. Moreover, there is no evidence to show that Doubleday ever ---- (see) a baseball game in his life. Unfortunately, most fans today still believe this myth of the game's origin.
4. Fortunately, the sport's beginnings are much more interesting and varied than those that most people believe. In fact, of all popular American sports, only basketball ---- (develop) by an individual.
5. A man called James Naismith ---- (assign) to create a co-educational,
You are here: >>
English Grammar Exercises
Passive Voice Exercises
Active or Passive Worksheet
6. recreational sport and so he ---- (produce) basketball.
7. The truth is, baseball ---- (import) into America from England in a simple form.
8. Many people ---- (play) cricket in the 19th century America and later, they picked up the game of baseball for recreation, because it did not have many rules.
9. Until about 1860, cricket matches ---- (attract) large crowds,
10. but baseball contests ---- (watch) by only a few spectators, mostly women and children. In time, however, the combination of the two sports produced the beginning of baseball, as we know it today.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99