Can vs Be Able To Worksheet
Can vs Could Exercise
Use the verbs in the box with a suitable form of
be able to
. Use correct verb tenses.
1. Our team ---- the cup six times in twenty years now.
2. Walter ---- the dog on the dark road at the last moment and avoided hitting it.
3. My boy friend and I ---- again next Monday.
4. Frank ---- any Spanish when he got a job offer from a company in Spain.
5. As his leg was in plaster, John ---- for the next couple weeks.
You are here: >>
English Grammar Exercises
Can vs Be Able To
6. Although this is her first day in the office, Tina ---- very well so far.
7. Since the teenagers were partying very loudly, they ---- the door bell.
8. Astronomers ---- more detailed pictures once this new space telescope has been put into orbit.
9. I ---- with so many problems that are bothering me. I will try again later.
10. Scientists ---- any signals from any form of intelligent life in space so far.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99