ESL Vocabulary Exercises 15
See Vocabulary Exercise 14
to look up vocabulary
Choose the appropriate words to complete the sentences
1. Some plant species ---- a warm and humid environment to grow welL.
2. Thousands of animal species around the globe are ---- with extinction today.
3. After the Ottoman Empire ended, the Republic of Turkey was ---- with its capital in Ankara.
4. If a volcano is considered as active, it means that it may ---- at any time.
5. Today, people have to pay a certain amount of fee to ---- the Internet in many parts of the world.
6. Mr Smith, the head of our department, was forced to ---- early at his forty because of his ill health.
English Vocabulary Exercises
ESL Vocabulary 15
7. It was possible that many more passengers could have ----, but the ship didn't have enough lifeboats.
8. The newspaper reports that the team made heroic efforts to ---- the crew of the sinking ship the previous night
9. As the hotel can ---- up to five hundred guests, our boss wants to hold the annual meeting there next month.
10. The president ---- the importance of attracting foreign investors to the country in his last speech.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee