Vocabulary Builder Test 9
Vocabulary Test 8
Vocabulary Test 10
to look up vocabulary
Choose the appropriate words to complete the sentences.
1. The Bosporus is a strait that forms the ---- between the European part of Turkey and its Asian part.
2. As there was enough ---- that the young boy robbed the store, he was sentenced to two years in prison.
3. The board decided to build a new library in the school as they wanted all the students to have ---- to good sources.
4. Buses to the city center leave at regular ---- so we have to hurry if we want to catch the last bus.
5. Tokyo lies in the subtropical climate ---- with hot hum id summers and generally mild winters.
6. Gold has been known and highly valued from earliest times due to its beauty and ---- to corrosion.
English Vocabulary Exercises
Vocabulary Builder 9
7. The Red Sea is the ---- of over a thousand of fish species and is the world's most northern tropical sea.
8. Since there is no --- in Antarctica except at the coasts, the interior of the continent is technically the largest desert in the world.
9. All volcanoes are formed by the ---- of magma, the molten rock that forms below the earth's surface.
10. Although it is difficult to connect specific weather events to global warming, a ---- in global temperatures may cause broader changes such as worldwide sea level rise.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99