ESL Review Tests 7
ESL Review Test 6
ESL Review Test 8
Choose the appropriate options to complete the sentences
1. Casper......three Romance languages already, and he ...... a fourth one next term.
A) learnt/ has begun
B) is going to learn / would begin
C) will have learnt / begins
D) is learning / began
E) has learnt / will begin
2. The beginning of the monsoon ...... any day now, and so, for the last few days, the farmers......their fields.
A) has been expected / were preparing
B) will be expected / prepare
C) is expected / have been preparing
D) is being expected / are prepahng
E) was expected / have prepared
3. Kevin has found that his life seems to have more meaning......he has a daughter of his own.
A) now that
C) as soon as
E) by the time
4. Mr. Hamilton...... plastic surgery, or else he......so young.
A) should have / ought not to look
B) would have / must not look
C) ought to have had / may not look
D) must have had / wouldn't look
E) could have / did not use to look
5. Clive was selling his old laptop at a very low price; I......it, but I was completely broke at the time.
A) must have bought
B) have to buy
C) will buy
D) could buy
E) would have bought
6. The authors......I admire most are those......continue writing despite severe criticism.
A) whom / who
B) which / what
C) who / how
D) that / whose
E) what / whom
You are here: >>
ESL Review Test
7. The art of smelting iron is thought …….. in the ancient Near East, possibly in eastern Anatolia.
B) having been discovered
C) being discovered
D) to have been discovered
E) to discover
8. My bicycle was......by now, but I see it ......there in the shop, still broken.
A) to repair / having sat
B) repaired / sit
C) to be repaired / to have sat
D) repairing/to sit
E) to have been repaired / sitting
9. Sorry I'm late, but if I had known you lived......away, I would have left home
A) so far / earlier
B) too far / as early
C) the furthest / the earliest
D) as far / so early
E) such a far / too early
10. The leaders of the revolution imprisoned ......that had been connected with the former government.
Copyright © GrammarBank.com 2013 All Rights Reserved.
English For Kids
Closest in Meaning
Writing & Vocab
Dictionary / Slang
Study Skills Tips
Contact / News
GrammarBank Exercises E-Book
Instantly Download and Print
100% Money Back Guarantee
E-Book Price: $7.99